Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 4 DUCJC2015

Day 4 of Debbies's UCJC2015 saw me stitching on my HAED WIP 'Mini Alice and Snow White'. I only have about 200 stitches left and I will have finished my first page! 

                        
                             


Three things are new to me with this HAED. Firstly I am stitching this with tent stitch.  So quick! Secondly, I am using pre-gridded fabric called white 25ct magic guide evenweave. Thirdly I have gone paperless!!! I am enjoying stitching this using PDF Expert app on my new mini iPad. Lots of new challenges abound.

What you can see is the left side of Alice's face with her blonde hair and blue headband. 

Until tomorrow happy stitching...

Jan x



10 comments:

Justine said...

How did you manage a page finish already?! I'm definitely switching to tent stitch from now on. Great progress.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! Can't wait to see this one progress :D

Annette-California said...

Wow Great progress and lovely design. love Annette

Julie said...

You've really got the hang of the HAED stitching Jan, its looking lovely.

Chris said...

Great starts to your stitching year! Also nice to be trying new ways to stitch. I don't know if I could go paperless :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This has got to be the fastest HAED I've ever seen!
Such a nice picture too.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Jan and almost a page finish.

Linda

Unknown said...

Wait, is tent stitch is just half stitches?

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Your HAED is looking amazing Jan! Are you stitching from a large format chart or a regular sized chart? I so admire you for taking on the DUCJC2015, a great start to your stitching year!

Kevin said...

Wow! I'm in awe of your ambitious new projects and WIP's! I tried a HAED once, but I gave up rather quickly. Maybe I will try again at some point using TENT STITCH as this looks fantastic! Very impressed by your "thread parking" as well,